Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

River City Table, Part 2

From my last post, I build a second half of my 3' by 3' modular table using an identical technique: a 2' by 4' piece of MDF board cut into sections, painted, covered with grass paper, and then assembled.  I made a slight variation in the layout for diversity's sake.


When the two pieces are put together, they make a variety of permutations.




Now I could stop here (and may take a little break for a few days) but I've been considering adding additional detail: sidewalks, etc.  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Its your choice dude, are you painting on road markings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very simple and effective modular board. Good work! What if instead of adding sidewalks to the board you made sidewalks part of the bases of your buildings? That way you retain a bit more modularity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it needs something else, though I'm not sure what. Road markings would be good, since they can't easily be added as scatter terrain or as an extension of the base of a building.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fantastic, keep going whilst you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever idea, even though it's surprisingly simple. Most us can't come up with anything other than the standard middle of the tile road and four way intersection. This will give you hundred of possible combinations.

    ReplyDelete