Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

Zombicide: Walk of the Dead, Group 2, part one

It has been a long time since I worked on this blog.  Lots of reasons why, but they don't matter.  The good news is, I had a day to myself where I stepped away from my phone for most of it, and decided to spend it getting some good-looking zombies painted up.


They are from the Zombicide booster Walk of the Dead.  I've already painted one set of eight (out of three identical sets), and now I'm starting the second.  What's tricky is painting the same figure a different way so that they don't look too much alike, especially noteworthy figures like the big bald guy.  In the previous incarnation, I painted him to look like a construction worker with an orange jumpsuit.  Now he has a jeans and a long-sleeved shirt tied around his waist.  People will still recognize him as the same figure, but he looks different enough to not be a complete twin.

Anyhow, it is nice to get some stuff done, and just maybe I'll get back into posting batreps too.  Thanks for reading, comments welcome.

8 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back, WQ. Painting the same figure in different paint schemes helps make them look different but eventually you'll want to try converting them. Converting doesn't have to be too complex and can be a lot of fun. Just cutting an arm or a hand off can totally alter how a zombie looks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of customization is a good one. Some simple additions of hair, etc. would go a long way.

      Delete
  2. Always good to have another blogger returning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I enjoyed painting these guys up. Hopefully I can get some more done soon.

      Delete
  3. Good to hear from you again. Those are nice zombies (if such a thing can be said of the cannibalistic walking dead)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you posting and painting again... otherwise I wouldn't have spotted your site :-) I'm a huge fan of Batreps, so looking forward to seeing what you come up with... and I can see you're well into Zombicide too, so another blog that'll tempt me to take the plunge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you blogging once more. I do hope you return to your batreps they were great reads.

    ReplyDelete